Manipal Institute of Management (MIM) launched its MBA program during the year 1999-2000. MIM offers specialization in Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and Hospital Administration and Health care management.
The Manipal Institute of Management (MIM) provides an enriched teaching pedagogy that includes classroom interaction, case discussions, and seminars by various industry experts and eminent academicians. It also lays emphasis on experiential training, group discussions and role-play, workshops and management games.
1. The Manipal Institute of Management has been awarded A++ grade (35th place) in the grading of the Best B-Schools in India, as per the Just Careers Magazine for MBA Aspirants.
2. MIM honoured with outstanding B-School (South) Award by Dainik Bhaskar.
3. MIM, Manipal has secured 26th rank among the Top B-School Brands in the latest survey conducted by the magazine Business Barons. Besides this, Manipal University has been listed among the best universities to be enrolled in for further studies.
4. MIM has been ranked 32nd in an exclusive survey conducted by Business Barons among CEOs and senior executives, designed to rank the brand equity of India’s leading B-schools.
5. MIM has also been listed under the A+ category of B Schools, as per the Magazine for MBA Aspirants, and has an A grade as per the India’s Best B Schools survey, conducted by Business India.
6. The institute has also secured 9th Rank in Top 10 B-Schools of Karnataka and 8th All India Rank in Emerging 40 Top B-Schools of Excellence per Competition Success Review – GHRDC B-School.
For applying to Manipal Institute of Management, a candidate has to appear in CAT/MAT. Following that, the candidate has to apply to the institute in separate. The application has to be online on the website www.manipal.edu.
All candidates are required to write an all India Management Aptitude Tests like MAT, GMAT , CAT, XAT etc. Based on the marks scored in Management Test, candidates will be shortlisted to attend Group Discussion and Personal Interview at Manipal every year tentatively in May-June.
The further selection procedure is a 3 step process:
First, there is group discussion held. This GD comprises of maximum marks. The topics can be of discussing a case-study or a management issue. Generally current issues given as topic.
Second, there is a personal interview held by the faculties in a panel. The candidate is required to be updated with his resume.
Third, a final round of interview with the director and the placement co-ordinator is held.
The difficulty level of the selection procedure is usually moderate. The candidate has just to be updated with the current issues going around in the corporate and in general.