Maintaining good personal hygiene also helps fight infection by removing substances that allow bacteria to grow on the surface of your skin. Personal hygiene includes health practices such as bathing, hand washing, washing your hair, brushing your teeth, and washing your clothes. Bathing and showering daily with soap helps remove dirt, dead skin cells, and body odor.
- Hair care products—Shampoo helps remove oils from your hair and head, and may reduce dandruff.
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Portable shower caddy so you’ll have everything you need stored in one convenient place
- Bathing Products—Soap/Bath Gel. Soap sticks to the oils and dirt on your skin to help remove them and lessen the chances for bacteria growth.
- Hand sanitizer
- Dental care products—a new toothbrush should be purchased every three months. Taking good care of your mouth and teeth ensures healthy teeth and eliminates bacteria in your mouth that can cause bad breath.
- Feminine hygiene products
- Flip flops. Wear non-slip flip-flops in dorm bathrooms and showers to protect your feet from unwanted foot fungal diseases and cutting your feet on rough surfaces.
- Over the door hook—these can be handy and easily stored in your bathroom caddy
- Hair Dryer
- Shaving supplies
Lastly, it is important to have a few safety items on hand in your room in case of emergency. Keep at these items stored together in an easily accessible location, a plastic tote bin works well:
- First-aid kit
- Sewing kit