Acne is something that, to a greater or lesser extent, has suffered most, but there are different types of acne and one of the most common is hormonal acne that seems to affect not only during adolescence but also when we are adults. If you suffer from this type of acne and do not know what remedies exist to end it, we explain below how to fight hormonal acne easily and effectively.
What Is Hormonal Acne
Acne is an inflammatory process affecting the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. It is one of the most common disorders that usually occur at puberty, but it is also suffered by many people in the form of pimples, blackheads, or small cysts during adulthood.
Acne can have a varied etiology, which means that the cause of it can be genetic, hormonal (due to the menstrual cycle, adolescence, pregnancy, or ‘polycystic ovarian’ syndrome), bacterial (Propionibacterium acnes), or psychological (stress, anxiety, tension, depression …). On the other hand, some allergic reactions (to the sun, to food …) can also lead to acne.
We see then that one of the types of acne is hormonal, which mostly affects women who have constant hormonal changes due to menstruation or pregnancy, for example.
In addition to being a real disease, acne is a major cosmetic problem: in fact, pimples spoil the harmony of facial expression, negatively affecting social relationships as well.
For this reason, people who suffer from acne in general or hormonal acne, in particular, look for solutions, since they often do not find a medicine (cream or orally) to help them with their problem. The best solution to treat hormonal acne is having a healthy lifestyle and also consult with experts who provide these natural treatments like Healthy Remedies.
The makeup or concealers can be an emergency solution to a problem of hormonal acne but when it persists we must resort to other remedies used to combat the disease and eventually end it.
Tips To Combat Hormonal Acne
To fight hormonal acne and prevent more pimples from coming out, you can follow a series of steps. We tell you many effective tips to end hormonal acne:
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet since this is an excellent remedy both to prevent acne and to alleviate its symptoms. You can also consider Supplements to Balance Hormones.
- Reduces the intake of foods with a high glycemic index (especially bakery foods and sugary drinks).
- Drink at least two liters of water a day.
- If necessary, change makeup cosmetics, too much foundation or powder can irritate the skin of the face and promote the appearance of acne. It is better not to put on makeup (especially in the face of an acne outbreak), but if you cannot avoid it, look for makeup that is «oil-free», and that also works to combat acne (nowadays it is easy to find bases and powders specifically created for people with acne).
- Get a gentle cleansing on your face before bed at night. You should wash your face with some specific soap for your problem.
- Be Careful With Estrogen And Progestin Pills: Some types of hormonal contraceptives can promote or aggravate hormonal acne. In these cases, it is advisable to always speak to the doctor, who will prescribe another contraceptive method, if necessary.
- If necessary, take medications for medium to severe acne. Consult with your doctor before taking any medication.
- Gently dry the skin on the face and body after each wash.
- Carefully read the package leaflet for acne medications, especially those that contain retinoids. It is recommended to discuss it in advance with the doctor since some people suffer new outbreaks with this compound.
- If necessary, take probiotic foods (such as yogurt) to regularize bowel function (which can lead to breakouts).
- Exfoliate the skin with peels or exfoliations with specific acne products.
- Finally, it should be added that there are many people who suffer from hormonal acne who say they see a slight improvement as soon as they stop taking dairy products. You can do the test and stop drinking milk for a week if your problem is hormonal acne.
Dermal MD anti acne serum helps to reduce irritation and redness caused by acne. It also reduces inflammation in the skin, which helps to reduce swelling and discomfort associated with this condition. The product also contains ingredients that can reduce pore size, which means less oiliness on your face (which can make your acne worse).