Unfortunately, some companion pets are left with no families to fend for themselves on the streets or wait for adoption in cages in shelters. Luckily, there are kind individuals and organizations on the lookout to rescue these animals and who watch over the shelter dogs and cats.
These companion pets are more prone to illness and injury than those with access to regular veterinary care. But more alternative treatments to the traditional pharmaceuticals are limited.
CBD oil has proven successful in initial studies on animal models to have properties that are beneficial therapeutically and medicinally for cats and dogs. It boasts of reducing symptoms associated with a number of ailments, including anxiety, stress, nervousness, and fear, for which many of these animals suffer. Click for questions answered by vets concerning the substance.
That is particularly true during the summer months when fireworks can be heard, and there’s no place within their cages to escape the sounds.
CBD oil for cats is especially useful for its calming effects on your feline. It can act as an anxiolytic if the root of your cat’s attitude is mental disarray. It stimulates receptors in the brain to release hormones, and even block some from being secreted to prevent worsening.
CBD Oil For Our Rescue Animals
Treating our rescue animals with CBD oil is becoming a possibility due to groups making an effort to ensure that these potential pets have greater access to this natural, safe alternative to care.
These dogs and cats are exposed to phobias and fears that cause anxieties and stressors that could benefit from the compound, as could many other symptoms they develop second to illnesses and injuries. According to ProgrammingInsider.com, CBD can be an effective solution to cats’ anxiety and stress.
The substance acts on the endocannabinoid system, which can potentially cause a disruption in the disease systems that bring discomfort or pain to the cats and dogs. The fundamentals of the compound can be found at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5109620/.
** Signs of Anxiety
Dogs and cats will exhibit signs of anxiety, whether they are companion pets in a family home or a shelter situation. Most often, the symptoms will develop into atypical or often destructive behavioral patterns. Some of those include:
- Body Language: The animal will begin to tremble or shake in anticipation of being put in a particular situation as with cases of separation anxiety or being exposed to loud noises, including fireworks or thunderstorms.
- Hesitant To Venture Outside: If a companion pet doesn’t want to do something especially wander outside, they are attaching a fear with that experience. Something may have happened, causing them to associate unpleasantness with that activity. It could be they sustained an injury or had an encounter with another animal.
- Inappropriate Potty Spots: A nervous pet tends to urinate or experience diarrhea frequently and where they generally know they shouldn’t. Cats are especially picky about being clean and keep their areas tidy. If they urinate or defecate inappropriately, there is a problem.
- Speaking: If there is whining, meowing, barking, or any communication in excess, the furry friend is trying to tell you that they are unhappy somehow, whether it be loneliness, boredom, or discomfort.
- Washing determinedly: A great deal of emotional stimulation for a fur baby reacts in an excess of saliva production. The claim is this is the result of a panic situation, or when there is a fear they are going to be harmed in some way.
Pet parents need to be in tune with animals, so these types of behavioral changes are noticed, and action can be taken. Fortunately, some good people who have great love and care for their well-being are watching over our shelter animals. Any signs of distress are met with compassion, and steps are taken to resolve the situation.
With groups looking out for these potential pets, CBD oil will hopefully be made available to them, so they can benefit from what claims to be a powerful health benefit.
So many CBD oil pet products exist on the market, some of which you can view at the pethempcompany website. A variety of different forms are available to make administration less challenging for an anxious pet.
Pets at home and those in the shelter have the potential for a better quality of life with reduced stress and fear by using the compound. Those suffering from ailments or injuries have the possibility of decreased pain and a reduction in inflammation typical with each.
If you’re thinking of adopting an animal from the shelter, please be positive it’s a commitment you’re prepared to make. A companion pet can forever be traumatized when an irresponsible person changes their mind and returns the cat or dog to their cage.
Be the first to comment