- People do not have cold feet anymore. Suddenly the productivity all around has increased.
- Thermometers have given up measuring temperatures and now they are used for measuring cloth cuttings for stitching salwar kameez.
- Mercury has stopped rising and is now protesting in an uprising at Hussain Sagar.
- All lakes have melted and are disappearing.
- Post-menopausal men have started getting cold flashes. Rest of the men are aspiring for these cold flashes.
- Hot item numbers in movies have been replaced by Nutan scenes because crying cools you down.
- Ice, ACs and coolers are refusing to work and are saying “what is the point?”
- Fever is scared of the competition given by the weather and has declared that it will return only when it turns cooler.
- Hot chai and samosas have become torture devices.
- Roads have started melting which in general is not a big problem if your car has oars, otherwise folks in Hyderabad need to learn swimming in melted tar.
- Doorknobs have started melting and many households, companies, government organizations to tackle the issue have banned doors.
- The word “hot” is banned and has been replaced by “Katrina”.
It has finally dawned on people, that, Hot is not Cool.
About the Author: Ashwini Mathur is a resident of Hyderabad. In the past he has worked at GSK Pharmaceuticals as a Senior General Manager and at Novartis after that. He has a Master’s degree in Mathematics from IIT Delhi, a PhD in bio-statistics from University and College Berkeley, California and an executive MBA from IIM Bangalore.