A honeymoon should be an experience where you and your loved one are pampered beyond belief and receive the VIP treatment. The tips below will help to achieve this without breaking the bank. An important thing to know is that most resorts offer their honeymoon client’s a complimentary honeymoon package. In order to receive complimentary packages, you must 1) have your travel agent note the reservation that you are a honeymoon couple 2) bring an invitation from your wedding to show proof that you are indeed on your honeymoon. Some resorts include a few of the perks below, but others can be arranged free of charge or for a nominal fee.
1) Arrange Private Transfers – Start your honeymoon off with VIP treatment and arrange a private transfer to your resort. This gives you the ability to not have to wait in line for your transfer bus, as well as not have to make stops to drop off other travelers at their resort. After exiting the airport, a chauffeur will be waiting to whisk you away to your private car. The price of private transfers vary by location, but you can typically upgrade to a private transfer for a nominal fee.
2) Upgrade to Concierge Level Rooms – More and more resorts are offering concierge level rooms that include extra amenities and pampering. The special perks of concierge level rooms vary by resort, but they often include private check-in, access to a private club lounge, personal concierge, 24 hours rooms service, premium room location and hosted happy hours. Concierge level rooms are often available for an additional $50 – $100 per night.
3) Reserve Preferred Dining Times – The very first thing that you should do upon arrival, besides check-in, is to make your dinner reservations for every night you plan to eat at the resort. This is especially true when staying at an all inclusive resort, as the preferred dining times tend to go quickly. By securing the preferred dining times, you will not have to wait for a table or to eat at an undesirable time. Personal concierges can often assist you with securing the best dining times throughout your stay, which is another benefit of upgrading to a concierge level room
4) Ask for Champagne and Strawberries – Most all inclusive resorts offer in room champagne and strawberries free of charge to honeymoon couples. It is very important to note on the reservation that it is your honeymoon, in order to receive the most out of your honeymoon papering. If the resort knows ahead of time that you are on your honeymoon, a lot of times the champagne and strawberries will be waiting in your room upon arrival.
5) Arrange a Private Dinner on the Beach – Take advantage of the beautiful setting and arrange a private dinner on the beach. Some resorts include private beach dinners in their complimentary honeymoon packages. For those resorts that do not include the private beach dinner in their honeymoon package, the experience is well worth the price. Your concierge can help arrange the private beach dinner and make it a memorable moment. Remember to take your time and enjoy every course while soaking up the experience with your significant other.
6) Request Turndown Service – Set a romantic mood by requesting turndown service. Upon returning from a romantic dinner, have a bath drawn, champagne on ice, and rose petals sprawled on the bed. Turndown service varies by resort , but typically concierge level rooms include turndown service upon request. Become fast friends with your concierge, and you will benefit from receiving the extra VIP treatment.
7) Book a Couples Massage – Experience relaxation together and arrange a couples massage. Resorts offer a variety of options, as far as the location and styles of massages. Choose a couples massage on the beach, in the garden gazebo, at the spa or even in your room. Resorts often offer discounted spa services for honeymoon couples.