Do you know why fiber is good for you? Soluble fiber helps you feel full and is found in fruits, beans and oats. Insoluble fiber promotes healthy bowels, and is found in whole wheat bread, brown rice and vegetables.
Easy ways to get fiber in foods:
- Serve vegetable stir-fry on brown rice.
- Add banana slices to whole wheat toast, cereal, pancakes, and waffles.
- Puree kidney beans and serve as a dip for whole grain nacho chips.
- Snack on homemade trail mix with dried fruit and assorted nuts.
- Make a pear quesadilla using whole wheat tortillas.