Freedom Debt Relief Offers a Fashionable Way to Simplify

Life is often complicated enough on its own. Yet, have you ever noticed that many of us make it even harder for ourselves than we have to? Whether it is with our relationships, finances, activities, or even our wardrobe, we can make a real mess of things. In fact, if you are sitting at home right now, take a look around. Is your home simple and tidy, or cluttered? How about your closet?

The good news is, no matter how much of a mess things are, with a little bit of effort, you can restore your life to more simplicity. Let’s start with your closet. Freedom Debt Relief offers this fashionable way to get your closet in order and save money doing so.

Decluttering Your Closet

Ironically, if your closet is overstuffed, it is hard to find anything to wear, right? You’d think that with so many things inside, you would have lots of options. But the truth is that in most people’s closets, some items go unworn for months, even years! In fact, one study reveals that in the average person’s wardrobe only about 20 percent of all the clothes are worn regularly. So what about the other 80 percent?  According to Freedom Debt Relief, these are items you should consider donating or selling.

By eliminating them from your closet, you free up more room, and may even open up a whole new world of options for mixing and matching the clothes you have left.

Once you have gone through all of your items and eliminated some, it is time to reduce the clutter even more. Now, this doesn’t mean that you must give away or sell everything in your closet. Freedom Debt Relief recommends removing unseasonal items and storing them until it is time to wear them. For example, while your favorite wool turtleneck sweater works great in December, you probably won’t need it in the middle of July. After you have put aside these items, you can build your new, fashionable, yet simple wardrobe, like a capsule wardrobe.

The Capsule Wardrobe

What is a capsule wardrobe? According to Freedom Debt Relief, it is a simplified, small collection of clothing that you can mix and match to create literally dozens of outfits. So, instead of stuffing your closet with that 80 percent of clothing you hardly ever wear, you have about 30 pieces of clothes for that season that work well together in a variety of combinations.

For example, a little black dress could be paired with pumps and a jacket for work, or a trendy pair of shoes and fancy jewelry for date night. The key is to find pieces that you love, that pair well together, and wear them for three months without shopping for anything new. At the end of the three months, switch items out for new ones to fit the season. But always try to keep the number of items in your capsule to around 30. Freedom Debt Relief says that you should count shoes and outerwear in this amount. However, you don’t have to include your special occasion clothing, gym clothes, or pajamas in the capsule.

The Benefits of Simplicity

When you simplify your closet and commit not to shop for new items during that time period, you receive many benefits. The first and most obvious one is that you no longer have to sift through tons of articles of clothing to figure out what to wear. You have a set amount of items to choose. Simple and easy. Plus, you save money on shopping.

This kind of simplicity could start with your closet and lead to other areas of your life! For example, you could declutter your kitchen pantry. Or, to take it to the next level and declutter your finances. Do you owe money to a bunch of different creditors? Credit cards, student loans, old medical bills – do you get tired of trying to keep up with it all? A loan from Freedom Debt Relief could help. It is quick, affordable, and best of all, simple to apply.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.