I have found a topic which if addressed can easily result in a PhD thesis.
Topic is “What’s the deal with dry days?”
Some facts about dry days –
- They are called dry days because eyes run dry of tears due to sadness which is a result of no alcohol available in a liquor shop
- To tackle dry days careful planning is needed which have resulted in people who are very well-organized and ready to be certified as certified project managers
- Dry day notifications will soon be added to Microsoft Outlook calendar with a repeat alert every 2 hours starting two days in advance built into it
- Maximum number of dry days is in Delhi which also has the highest allowable drinking age of 25 except for Wardha in Maharashtra where it is 30 and strangely enough there is no age limit for drinking wine in Maharashtra. Karnataka has only 1 dry day and age limit for drinking is 18. In Kerala, every 1st of the Month is a dry day
- Dry days in drought prone areas should not be called dry days just to be politically correct
- In monsoon, potential headlines could be “Wettest day in the past 100 years was a dry day” or “Dry day brings the first rains of the season”
Dry days discourage hooliganism during important national holidays. On a similar note, a college student was found to be on best behavior during a normal wet day. Additionally at a research lab of top rated university, after years of research, it was proposed that to get around a dry day, use the previous wet day to buy alcohol to use for hooliganism on the dry day. The critical breakthrough thinking came, when it was proposed that if there were two dry days in a row, need was to go to the liquor store with a large truck, two days before
dry days,sookhe din,bina daru,sans alcohol,no fun,mazaa nahin,kya karein,what to do
wet days,geele din,thandi beer,cold beer,served here,masti hai,kya karein,what to do
- Dry days are very different from drying days which are mainly observed by washermen everyday
- Dry day is also different from dryness day which are mainly associated with intense summer days and if it so happens that the dryness days falls on a dry day, you will end up being very itchy and completely sober
I think I have created enough excitement on the said topic. I will sign off now and on this important dry day of 2013, let me go and enjoy a cold rum, coke and soda.
About the Author: Ashwini Mathur is a resident of Hyderabad. In the past he has worked at GSK Pharmaceuticals as a Senior General Manager and at Novartis after that. He has a Master’s degree in Mathematics from IIT Delhi, a PhD in bio-statistics from University and College Berkeley, California and an executive MBA from IIM Bangalore.