In dedicated web hosting a client rents an entire physical server that is located in a provider’s data center. The client has full use and control of all the resources, and unlike shared web hosting, does not have to share them with the other clients. In addition to this, the client also has the freedom to choose the operating system, applications, control panel, and the way to use the server. Identifying good servers is a tough ask, check out Ubokia for some excellent tips and reviews on identifying web servers ideal for your business.
Dedicated hosting provides the websites with a higher level of performance regarding speed, security, uptime, and reliability. It gives the clients great control over the websites and online applications. For reliable hosting plans, visit https://www.hostiserver.com/dedicated-servers.
For websites such as e-commerce businesses with high traffic, and people looking for high performance, flexibility, and security, a dedicated server is a great choice. Managed VPS hosting provides performance and power that is almost equal to that of a dedicated server, but it does this at a lower cost, and there are some limitations. This is also applicable to Managed Cloud Hosting which is another great alternative for an eCommerce store.
Dedicated hosting is the perfect solution for organizations that are running complex websites or require greater control, performance, and customized functionalities. Very often, customers prefer to choose dedicated servers when their processing power and website traffic outgrows what a shared hosting plan or a processing power VPS can offer.
A dedicated web host is perfect for clients looking for reliable and stable bandwidth, businesses with a large customer base, websites with high traffic, medium and large e-commerce websites, gaming sites, and agencies with high profile clients. You can learn more about web servers and hosting solutions from experts who are passionate about web mastery here – https://css-tricks.com/forums/users/hostingwiki.
Advantages of dedicated web hosting
Dedicated servers have many benefits including dedicated resources, reliability, maximum security, and customization. The customer also gets a unique IP address that he or she does not have to share with other clients, which reduces the risk of blacklisting or performance degradation.
Here are some major benefits of a dedicated web host
- You get to have full control and freedom of all your server resources.
- You are provided with better performance, stability, and reliability.
- You get the freedom to choose the best control panel, OS, and applications to address the business needs.
- The hosting provider purchases and maintains the infrastructure, hardware, and environment so you will be able to save yourself some time and do not have to worry about those things.
- The server has inbuilt security to protect your website against spamming, viruses, malware, and other attacks.
Disadvantages of dedicated web hosting
Along with the various advantages, there are some disadvantages as well which are listed below.
- It is more costly than other hosting options.
- There are long downtimes and delays if there is a lack of adequate skills to fix problems.
- You may have to spend money on training your staff or hiring someone that can manage the server.
- The risk of losing data great if the provider is unreliable and does not backup up properly.
When you are choosing a dedicated web hosting service, you have to make sure that it is efficient and reliable and offers the services that you require so you can experience its benefits.
About the Author:
Barbara Morgan has been writing how-tos, tech articles, and more for almost two decades her main focus is UNIX, but she also covers a lot from open source software projects. She is often writing posts for hostiserver.com – Managed Dedicated Web Hosting in the USA and Europe.