There are so many consider these career options . However, the entertainment industry seems to be the only place that is attracting a majority of people. If a student is not taking engineering, medicine, law or business then they are probably doing something artistic. A few years ago considering a career in the entertainment industry was looked down upon. People would have probably thought that you want to die poor if you told them that you wish to do something like art. Well, the 21st century has brought with it a lot of beautiful things including a lot of careers for your consideration.
Careers in the entertainment industry are not limited to performing arts – the music and films. As a matter of fact, there are just so many other things that you can opt to take up. They include the likes of:
- Fashion design: Now this is one of the most entertaining things on the planet today and it would never miss out in a list of top careers in the entertainment industry. Fashion designers tend to earn a fortune from their works. It may seem like such a simple task after all it is just coming up with a cute design, right? On the contrary, it takes a lot of thinking – with several brains – to put up those Dior and Versace fashion shows in Paris. Nonetheless, it is one of the best – paying careers in the entertainment industry.
- Athlete: Yes, you are probably laughing at this one but it does really work out as a career. People make millions out of this. Getting into things like American football and soccer can be quite difficult but then there are so many other sports that people play. If you can swim well and you love it enough to make it a career, then this is a worthwhile career consideration.
- News anchors: They are the ridiculously handsome and beautiful people you see on TV bringing you the latest news. Well, good looks are not exactly a necessity today. As long as you have the personality that draws people’s attention then you will definitely hack the job. With digital broadcast technology taking over the media industries currently there are even more jobs available for these individuals.
- Film director: A film director is among the highest paid personalities in the production lineup. They work to make sure that the cast and the crew are organized to make the production run smoothly. There is no formal education available for directors to do their job. Most of them have Bachelor’s degrees in communication, acting, writing or any of the relatives of these degrees.
- Makeup artists: The cosmetic industry is one of the most profitable ones in the world today. It is, therefore, logical to mention the work that makeup artists do. They are the people who will enhance the appearances of all the personalities mentioned above – the news anchors, fashion models and even the athletes when they are taking snaps off the game. This is a lucrative career to consider if you love makeup, art and you have a genuine interest in the diverse beauty of human beings.
About the Author: Caroline Tatum is media practitioner and career advisor. She is the person to go to when you want to learn anything about the media from awesome cable TV deals to careers that few people know about in the industry.