ManipalBlog Mangalore presents to you the opportunity to display your literary skills and win handsome cash prizes. The flash fiction (What is flash fiction?) contest carries a total cash prize of Rs 3000/-.
Details of the contest
- All contestants are required to write a flash fiction Paranormal Romance story not exceeding 300 words (How to write flash fiction?).
- Entries are to be submitted by 5 PM on 20 th August 2013.
- Entries should be sent as attachments to [email protected] with the subject ‘Paranormal Romance’ along with the contestant’s name, age, college, place and contact number.
- The entries will be published online at ManipalBlog Mangalore on 20th August 2013. Results will be announced on or before 30th August 2013 !
- Entries submitted will be judged by Neelima Vinod author of ‘Unsettled’, a staff member of MMMC, Manipal and one of the editors of ManipalBlog Mangalore. 20% weightage will be given to the amount of Facebook likes and traffic generated by each story/essay.
- This contest is open to everyone above the age of 16 and residing in India during the contest period.
- Only original, unpublished, fictional short stories/essays written in English without profanity are eligible.
- Each article must contain solely the entrant’s original ideas and language. Your submission of the article and entry form is your guarantee that you are the sole author and copyright holder of the article.
- The participant may visit our judge Neelima Vinod’s Facebook page.
Restrictions: Entries may not be submitted for publication or published elsewhere (either digitally or in print). Incomplete or illegible entries and entries that do not meet the Eligibility standards in these official rules may be disqualified.
Prizes: In addition to the cash prizes (total amounting to Rs.3000/-), each participant will receive an e-certificate of appreciation from ManipalBlog. Winners will also receive some exciting cash prizes.
How to Enter: There is NO FEE to enter this contest. Mail your story/essay as an attachment to [email protected], with subject as Paranormal Romance. Please mention your Name, Age, Gender, your college/workplace affiliation, City and telephone number in the mail.