Candidates can make their career in the fields of
- Contract Research Organizations (CRO)
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Biotechnology Companies
- Medical Device Company
- Patient Recruitment Organisations (PRO)
- Clinical Data Management
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Writing
- Central Lab
- Logistics and Courier Services
- Research Sites
- Auditing of Clinical Trials
Their work areas include:
- Clinical Research Associate:
- Clinical Research Managers (CRM)
- Clinical Research Investigator/ Physician
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Pharmacovigilance Manager
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Project Manager and Marketing Executives
- Account Directors
- Clinical Auditors
- Contract Managers
- Drug Safety Scientist
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
Career opportunities in clinical research are based on the academic qualification of the individuals.
• Pharmacists, Life Science graduates, Science postgraduates in Biochemistry
• Management Graduates (MBA)
• IT professionals, Biostatistician, Engineers, postgraduates in Maths, Applied Maths, operational Research, Statistics
There is high demand for trained professionals in the field of clinical research.
But getting a job in this field as a fresher is very difficult, if they don’t have the proper training and references. Most of the clinical research industry prefers individuals with prior work experience of 2-3 years.
The remuneration depends on the status of the industry and experience, qualifications and ability of the employee. Freshers can expect an impressive salary range from Rs. 35,000 – Rs. 50,000 per month.
At the initial stage of their career, those with master’s degree can earn between Rs. 5 lakhs- Rs. 6 lakhs per annum. Longer you are in this field, higher the salary you can expect, as clinical research is a field where experience counts.