So it’s been a few months in Manipal. Your parents have decided to visit you and see how you’re doing and now you’re in a panic as what to do and where to take them. Relax… here are 4 steps you can take to ace their visit!
Step 1: Do some prep work!
You’ll want to have some things to do, places to go and people to see planned.
Do you have:
- A place picked out for dinner?
- Activities planned for their visit?
- A list of things to do or show them while they’re here?
Show your parents you know how to take care of yourself.
- Have you picked up all the trash?
- Have you wiped down every surface?
- Did you vacuüm or sweep your floor?
- Are the mirrors and windows clean?
Step 3: Remove anything questionable
Your parents may not want a reminder of some of the activities you’re interested in.
Have you taken down anything referring to:
Step 4: Show them your life
Remember it may have been a while since your parents have been on a college campus.
Don’t rush them as they look around.
- Do you have a plan to give them a tour of places you hang out, have classes in, go to study, etc.?
- Do you have tickets for something related to your college like a sports event or on campus event?
- Are you going to introduce them to a few of your friends?
Remember to treat them as your guests!
Don’t ask them to do your laundry, clean your room or give you money unless they offer!