As the world develops and grows, more infrastructures are popping up on every corner. As the population increases, natural resources are depleting at fast rates. With this, farmers are facing a lot of difficulty in keeping face and growing such massive numbers.
Farmers don’t always have access to grand infrastructure and tools to manage their work. It is still mostly a labor-intensive process even in the 21st century. In order to better these conditions and improve crop growth efficiency, there is a new solution out there.
Enterprise farm management software is one that involves efficient and automated farm management techniques and ideas by integrating technology into farm management.
Farm management software can aid you in planning, monitoring, and analyzing all farm activities with much ease. Managing tasks like tillage, crop protection, fertilization, planting, harvesting, irrigation, and other farm-related activities are taken care of with a few simple clicks.
Making customizations related to the type of plants and kind of schedules preferred along with tracking usage quantities, costs, and labor hours for each activity is easy with the help of this software.
Farm management involves maximizing productivity on the farm to maximize profits. It mainly works at the business level of the farm. Changes here are made at a primary level and are highly concerned with the primary objectives of the business side.
Enterprise farm management means relatively the same thing, managing the physical and biological resources on a farm to maximize crop yield and profits.
The current scenario provides sub-par working conditions for farmers while at the same time, farmers have to face natural and physical issues too. Below are some of the biggest reasons farms go into total loss sometimes:
- Soil productivity reduction – Owing to reasons like bad planning or natural phenomena, soil, water, and wind erosion can decrease the productivity of the soil. Even a lack of organic matter like good fertilizers keeps the general productivity low.
- Water quality – Agricultural waste like pesticides, insecticides, salts, and so on, along with industrial waste, can cause fatal amounts of water pollution. These pollutants are responsible for nutrition runoff in many water bodies, creating a massive impact on agriculture, fishing, and drinking water supply.
- Environmental distress – Due to global warming, catastrophes like floods, storms, and landslides cause a great hindrance to farmers. Many fungal pathogens are slowly becoming resistant to some pesticides as well. Due to this, there is a drastic dip in crop production.
All of these issues can be solved with proper planning, building, maintaining infrastructure, and equipping farmers with tools to handle these outcomes.
Benefits of Farm Management Software
With increasing population and natural instability as the years go by, farming is slowly becoming an essential source of food. Modern farms will need to be ready structurally for this to happen without which many will starve.
By implementing enterprise farm management software, a lot of its benefits are visibly noticeable with the usage.
- Better planning and tracking: Software can provide plans and ideas from farms all over the world, make precise calculations of what factors might be required for efficiency, and also will track real-time growth of the crops. Any risks, disasters, or shortages can be optimized with the software.
- Weather reports: The software gives an overview of what the weather in the next week would look like. It provides expert advice on what weather can damage your plants and what insects, diseases, or pests can affect the plants under such conditions.
- Natural risks averted: Farmers can get real-time data of the weather if there is some trouble or signs of bad conditions that will aid farmers to prepare for these situations. It will also provide them with the best possible solution to increase or retain the optimum conditions.
- Track Financial Records: Farm financial records and documents are all compiled together in a single space and listed according to the dates. Sales, Investments, Expenses, Taxes, and more can easily be tracked in real-time and are individually allocated to each crop. A record of the payments that need to be made is also noted to set off an alarm come the due date.
- Knowledge of multiple practices: The software can give you information on farming practices around the world, the latest market demands and new, innovative inventions in the agricultural sector.
- Customizable schedules for crops- You can set schedules for watering crops, dissemination of crops, fertilizing them, and any other thing you can think of.
Upgrading to farm management software is something that every farmer should be introduced to because the only way to stabilize the shifting tides is by digitizing and optimizing the full potential of the farm.