India Inclusion Summit is the world’s biggest community initiative supported by SAP, India, that brings together thought leaders from the field of inclusion to deliberate, discuss and take forward diverse talents available in our society. The Summit is an egalitarian platform attracting people from a range of fields.
The summit aims to sensitize the public to people who have disabilities that affect their way of living through cinema, sports, books and media and will leverage the support of well-known personalities to further the cause of an inclusive society.
We at Manipal Blog, are proud to support this initiative and present the India Inclusion Summit writing contest.
We encourage writers from across India to explore and celebrate their talent by sending in their new, untried work.
Topic: My inclusion moment…
(We all have come in contact with differently abled individuals in our life. We would like your stories about how you helped them and made our society more inclusive.)Eligibility:
- The contest is open to all residents in India.
- Only original, unpublished, short stories of 1500 words or less and written in English without profanity are eligible.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Each article must contain solely the entrant’s original ideas and language. Your submission of the short story and entry form is your guarantee that you are the sole author and copyright holder of the article.
- Entrants under the age of 18 may enter only with the permission of their parent or guardian.
- Visit and like the Facebook page of India Inclusion Summit.
- Administrators, Editors and Family members of ManipalBlog.com are not eligible to enter.
- Restrictions: Entries may not be submitted for publication or published elsewhere (either digitally or in print). Incomplete or illegible entries and entries that do not meet the eligibility standards in these official rules may be disqualified.
Short story requirements
- Be between 1000 to 1500
- Be on the topic or theme provided.
- Be written in the English language.
- Be wholly the original work of the entrant, written solely by the entrant.
- Not be copied from any other source.
- Not have been previously broadcast or otherwise distributed or disseminated in any media or format.
- Not be in the public domain.
- Not be in violation of or in conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity.
- Not include any language or other content that is inappropriate, offensive, pornographic, or otherwise unfit for dissemination or broadcast, as determined by ManipalBlog.com in its sole discretion.
- Meet the deadline.
Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified. If ManipalBlog.com, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that any entry contains any material that may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, or that the use or broadcast of such entry in the manner described herein may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, ManipalBlog.com may immediately disqualify such entry.
How to Enter: There is NO FEE to enter this contest. Follow these steps to enter:
- Visit ManipalBlog.com/iis2014 (Link will be activated on 16th October 2014 at 12:00 am)
- Complete the contest entry form at the above link, and attach the word/.txt document and click on the submit form button.
- The entries must be received by 11:59pm on November 15th, 2014. The link will be inactive thereafter.
- By submitting a story entry, the entrant grants to ManipalBlog.com and India Inclusion Summit:
- The right to edit the Story for grammar, spelling and punctuation; and
- A non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the Story and any portions thereof in any format (collectively “distribute” or “distribution,” as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages without financial compensation.
- Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified.
Judging and Awards
- We will be having prizes in the popular choice and critics’ choice categories for the entries.
- The popular choice awardswill be based on the traffic, Facebook ‘Likes’ and Tweets (unique hashtagswill be provided to each participant) the article generates.
- Articles will be published online at ManipalBlog.com and a message with the link will be sent to contestants. Articles sent early will have a head start in the popular choice awards.
- The traffic data, Facebook likes and shares and tweets will be tabulated at 5 pm on November 30, 2014.
- Critics choice awards will be based on the scoring by our judging Panel. The judging panel may include: teaching professionals, librarians, children’s author, illustrators, and editors.
- The winners will be announced on or about December 2nd, 2014 on the website Manipalblog.com. The decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- Certificates will be given away to all the participants via mail.
- Cash prizes for first place, second place, and third place will be offered in each of the categories (popular and judges choice).
- Total Cash prize – Rs.10,000.
- 50 Early bird prizes of the book Gifted: Inspiring Stories of People with Disabilities.
- 10 consolation prizes in each category of the book Gifted: Inspiring Stories of People with Disabilities.
- Surprise gifts for random entries every day beginning 10th November.
- ManipalBlog.com reserves the right to refuse to award prizes in any category if the entries are considered to be of insufficient merit.