Beauty begins with respect for one’s own body and health, and learning to develop routines that work with our busy lives and individual budgets. Finding your most beautiful self–creating an image that is totally personal and totally you requires balance and perspective and making the most of what nature has given you.
1. Sleep – a good night’s rest is essential for your overall health and beauty. Get a feel for the amount of sleep you need and if needed, go to bed early once a week to “recuperate”. Try to get into a regular sleep pattern by going to bed at the same time every night.
2. Movement & Exercise – walk when possible to give your body plenty of oxygen. Exercise opens up blood vessels and increases blood flow to the skin which assists in collagen production to make skin look healthy and youthful. And drinking plenty of water is crucial for optimal skin hydration.
3. Smile and laugh: “joie de vivre” is great for your beauty!
4. Make time for you – set aside a few minutes every day just for you. Keep a few “emergency” vacation days for when you feel particularly tired or stressed. You’ll be glad you did!
5. Regular skin care – the 10 minutes a day you spend on taking care of your skin is the real “secret” to a beautiful complexion. To get that timeless, healthy look you need to start with an appropriate skin care regime. Taking good care of your skin can stave off dry skin, fine lines and even age spots.