2. Developed after feedback from photographers, the Canon EOS 5D Mark III is one of the most advanced professional cameras on the market. It offers improved speed, better image resolution and faster processing than its predecessor, the Mark II. For situations requiring discretion, such as weddings, it features a silent shooting mode. It also allows full HD movie shooting. You can photograph at six frames per second and edit using the camera. Costs upwards f 1.8 lakhs!
3. The Sony Cybershot RX100 promises SLR-quality images in a pocket-sized device. It has a larger light sensor than is usually found in a point-and-shoot camera, meaning you can capture detailed images and HD movie clips quietly. As with a digital SLR camera, it has a choice of automatic and manual focus modes for greater image control. Price 31000/-
4. The Sony Alpha SLT-a57 is equipped with an automatic portrait-framing feature that uses face detection and the ‘rule of thirds’ to help beginners compose professional-quality images. It also boasts high-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 frames per second and full-time continuous autofocus for stills and videos. Framing, focusing and a real-time preview can be seen through the camera’s high-resolution ‘Tru- Finder’ viewfinder. Costs 42000/-.
5. If you want digital SLR-quality results but in a pocket-sized camera, the Sony NEX-F3 compact is an excellent choice. As well as interchangeable lenses, it has a sensor that captures more light for flawless, low-noise stills and detailed HD video. A 180° tiltable LCD screen allows you to capture self-portraits and a pop-up flash is a handy feature when shooting indoors. Costs $490.
6. The Nikon D3x features an impressive level of detail thanks to its 24.5 megapixel FX format CMOS sensor. The professional digital SLR camera can shoot up to five frames per second and has a shutter release time lag of just 0.04 seconds. It has wireless connectivity plus an HDMI video output. Costs a whopping Rs. 5 lakhs.