Champions league is the biggest club football competition and every footballer’s dream to play in and win. Now we look at those teams who are in with a shout for Champions league qualification spots or those who’d settle for Europa League.
- David Moyes’s Everton had earned the bragging rights of Merseyside after they finished above Liverpool in the League last season.
- Despite working on a shoe string budget, Everton are always a tough nut to crack even for the big teams. They produce top talents every year and sell them and still finish in the top 10.
- Following Jack Rodwell’s departure this season, Everton look to improve on their league standing, as ever.
- Nikica Jelavic, Marouane Fellaini will be the player to watch out for.
- Europa League qualification? No.
- After an embarrassment of sacking club legend Kenny Dalglish and a finish lower than rivals Everton, Liverpool are hoping for better results this season under Brendan Rodgers.
- Last season’s League cup win proved to be nothing better than a consolation as last season’s signings Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and other failed, performing terribly.
- Alberto Aquilani and Craig Bellamy have departed the club and new signings Fabio Borini, Joe Allen and Oussama Assaidi have been made.
- Luis Suarez, Captain Steven Gerrard, Lucas Leiva will be key for the Reds this season.
- Europa League qualification or Champions League qualification? Europa League.
- After Chris Hughton’s infamous sacking, Alan Pardew has proved to be a very good manager. Newcastle under Alan Pardew managed a top 5 finish last season.
- Pardew made some very good deals in the transfer market since arriving, signing Papiss Demba Cisse, Yohan Cabaye and others.
- Newcastle has already signed Vurnon Anita this season and is hopeful of completing a deal for Mathieu Debuchy.
- Papiss Cisse, Cabaye, Coloccini will need to better the heroics of last season to finish in CL spots (highly unlikely).
- They will likely finish 7th and hope to qualify for the Europa League.
- After a disastrous spell at Chelsea, Andres Villas-Boas has found a job in North London for rivals Tottenham. Will he repeat the mistakes he did at Chelsea? We will have to wait and see.
- Tottenham despite finishing 4th under now departed manager Harry Redknapp, thanks to Chelsea’s magnificent Champions League campaign have missed out on CL football this season.
- Ledley King has left the club among others and Tottenham have signed Jan Vertonghen, Gylfi Sigurdsson and are hoping to finish a couple of more deals and it looks like Luka Modric will leave to Real Madrid.
- Vertonghen, Gareth Bale, Van Der Vaart will need to step up to achieve CL qualification.
- Tottenham are in with a shout for CL spots but I feel that they will miss out, just.